I was recently tagged by the lovely Emma from Amelia’s Mum to write a list of 20 facts about me. I always love reading these types of posts for the wonderful, often random, little insights they give you into the person behind the blog.
So I hope you enjoy reading my collection of random facts about myself:
1. I was born on Friday the 13th, and as a result I love the number 13. I am superstitious about other things though. If I see a magpie I have to greet him by saying “morning Mr magpie”. And I feel really uneasy if I ever have to walk over three drains.
2. I love autumn and winter. Can’t beat wrapping up in woolly hats and warm scarves!
3. There are 37 letters in my full name. There are never, ever enough little boxes on forms for me to fit it all in.
4. Despite my point above, I still gave Nerys names that add up to 33 letters. Oops!
5. I have a degree in philosophy and psychology.
6. The first week of Uni one of my new housemates offered to buy me a drink and I replied no thank you, I’m not really thirsty. I learnt quite quickly that thirst has nothing to do with drinking alcohol!
7. I have a birth mark between my shoulder blades.
8. I love the smell of freshly cut grass, the smell of rain on a hot pavement and the smell that comes from the tumble dryers at launderettes.
9. Since being forced to eat it at school I can’t stand rice pudding.
10. I didn’t drink tea or coffee until I was about 19. I’m well and truly addicted now though.
11. Even though I’ve seen every episode so many times I still love curling up and watching Gilmore Girls. So excited for the new episodes!
12. I don’t have any tattoos, but love the idea of getting a little one someday, maybe on the inside of my wrist.
13. I considered going to Uni in Aberdeen, but ultimately chose to come to Swansea because there was a lovely vibe here, and you can see the sea from campus. A real novelty for me because I didn’t grow up near the coast.
14. In 2 years time I’ll have lived in Swansea for longer than I lived in Kent, which just feels like a really big deal!
15. Since having my children I’m much less shy than I used to be. But I’m still an introvert at heart. I really crave time to myself and love just staying in at home.
16. I’ve not spoken to anyone to get a formal diagnosis, but I have OCD when it comes to checking things. I find it really hard to leave the house without first checking, multiple times, that doors are locked, taps are off, etc etc. Even though I know I’ve locked the door, my mind will flash me an image of it wide open and I find it really hard to trust that the mental image isn’t real. It’s something I’m really trying to work on before it gets worse.
17. I call woodlice “cheesy bugs”. I really don’t know why, but apparently it’s what everyone calls them in North Kent where I grew up!
18. I can curl my lip like Elvis, but I can’t roll my tongue.
19. Growing up I absolutely loved the baby-sitters club books. My cousin passed on all her old copies and I thought they were brilliant. I’m not ashamed to admit I still have one or two of them on my bookshelf.
20. I now have the theme tune from the baby-sitters club tv adaptation in my head. Hmm, maybe I shouldn’t admit that I still know how that goes!
So there you have it, 20 random facts about me.
Have I revealed anything that’s surprised you? Do you know why cheesy bugs are called cheesy bugs?! Please do leave me a comment and let me know!
To keep the fun going, I’m tagging the following bloggers to write 20 facts about themselves: