One of my favourite quotes is from the film ‘about time’, and is about relishing the remarkable ride that is life. One of the main themes of the film is about paying attention to the little wonders and joys of this life, and really appreciating them.
So, in keeping with this theme of stopping and noticing the wonderful little moments, here are 5 of my little things that I’ve relished this week.
- Lying next to Nerys at bedtime and listening to her tell me about her day – “Nana, buggy, seagulls – see it! Beach, train, Nana”. So lovely!
- Watching Rhys sing his heart out at his Christmas play. And seeing his face light up when he spotted that Daddy, Nerys and I had all come to watch him.
- Listening to the rain and wind outside while cwtched up in bed.
- Seeing my two children having fun together, cutting, sticking and making pictures while sitting at the Kitchen table.
- Watching Nerys get more and more independent. There’s been a lot of “I do it” this week! She surprises me every day with what she’s capable of!
“Enjoy the little things in life because one day you`ll look back and realize they were the big things”