I may have mentioned once or twice that I like coffee. Ok, I love coffee, I need coffee, I can’t get going in the morning without my coffee.
But in this mini heatwave that we’ve been having it just feels a bit wrong to be drinking steaming hot mugs of the stuff. So I have an alternative.
A cool, delicious, chocolatey, alternative. The iced mocha.
There are various recipes floating around the internet for this, but this is the way I like to do it! It does require a little bit of planning though.
Basically, you need to make up a nice big mug of black coffee. Then pour it into an ice cube tray and pop the tray in the freezer.
Once you’ve done this part you’re sorted. Cold coffee treats can be yours whenever you want!
For my mocha recipe, grab a glass, fill it about 2/3 full with milk then use whatever you’ve got to make it chocolatey – chocolate milkshake powder, cocoa powder, chocolate syrup, whatever you’ve got!
Then go get about 5 or 6 of the coffee ice cubes and pop them in your chocolate milk.
Ta da! Done.
You can drink it straight away, or leave it a few minutes for the ice cubes to start melting a bit and mingle with your chocolate milk.
Or if you’re feeling fancy you can blend the whole thing together. Whatever floats your boat!
Looking to shake things up a bit? Here are a few suggestions:
- Leave out the chocolate bit and go for straight milk with the coffee ice cubes for an iced latte
- Add a cheeky splash of Baileys or Kahlua
- Top it with whipped cream
- On a really hot day you can make a cup of cold coffee and then just add some of the coffee ice cubes to it, to really chill the drink and get an extra coffee hit!
- Try making some vanilla ice cubes as well, to add an extra hit of flavour.
What do you think? Are you an iced coffee fan, or are you a hot coffee purist?!