3 years ago today, at 3 minutes past 6 in the morning, we became a family of 4.
We made our way to hospital at about 3am, and I never made it past triage. They were monitoring the baby’s movements as I felt they had slowed down after I started feeling contractions. It was only when I told Steve to fetch someone because I needed to push, at nearly 6am, that they examined me. And found I was indeed ready to give birth.
Less than 10 minutes later she was here.
At that point nameless.
By the end of the day though I was pretty sure what her name was.
A name we hadn’t even considered until the midwife came in and introduced herself, “Hi, I’m Nerys”.
I can’t imagine her with any other name now. This one suits her perfectly.
Our beautiful, stubborn, silly, sweet Nerys.
3 years old.
- Looking at books and ‘reading’ along with me.
- Topsy and Tim.
- Doc McStuffins.
- Going out. To the park, the beach, the supermarket, anywhere.
- Escalators. If we ever go into town she gets very excited about the idea of going on the escalators!
- About to start in the Rising 3s class at school. She’s ready. I’m not sure I am!
- Really starting to assert herself. We didn’t have the terrible twos that badly, but I think three is going to be an interesting year. We’ve had some good foot-stamping recently!
- A chocolate lover. What can I say, she’s a girl after my own heart.
- Creative. She loves to paint, and draw, and do anything arty. And she loves pretend play, making me cups of tea and building pretend sandcastles in the lounge.
- Starting to look more like me, apparently. I still can’t quite see it, but more people have started saying she looks like me which is lovely to hear! She’s definitely still her Father’s daughter though, she is going to be tall like him!
3 years old.
I can’t quite get my head around it.